Being a Dad can be one of the best jobs in the world. Like most jobs it can take time to learn the ropes. Join this free LifeWorks webinar, designed to provide insights and tips on how to shift your parenting into top gear.
1300 543 396
LifeWorks is a not for profit organisation that provides family, couple and individual
counselling, education, training and workplace services in Victoria Australia.
Intercountry Adoption Information and Support Services
Information and Support Services are provided by International Social Service (ISS) Australia, LifeWorks program partner. Our experienced Intercountry Adoption Information and Support Workers understand adoption and can provide you with a supportive and collaborative approach to assist you and your family with adoption issues and challenges.
The following Information and Support Services are offered to families and couples (including adoptees under the age of 25):
- Advice, support and education during the assessment phase of your intercountry adoption journey and throughout the waiting phase
- Support in planning for and meeting your child and during the transition period when you return home with your child
- Emotional and practical support in managing your child’s behaviours and your responses to these behaviours
- Support in speaking to your child about their adoption, including sharing difficult information, addressing questions about their identity and heritage, and assistance with Life Story work and how to introduce this to your child.
- Information and advice in relation to issues common to intercountry adoption.
- Referrals to specialised services within your local community including support networks unique to your child’s country of origin.
- Guidance around searching for birth family members overseas.
Accessing Information and Support Services
If you would like to enquire about Information and Support Services, the first step is to contact the Intercountry Adoption Support Coordinator on 1300 543 396 or via email at email@example.com.
The Coordinator will speak with you about your situation and talk through the process. The Coordinator will help to identify and refer you to a Information and Support Worker located or responsible for your state or territory. Intercountry Adoption Information and Support Workers are based in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, who also offer remote services and periodic visits to Tasmania, ACT and Northern Territory.
These services are provided free of charge (funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services) and appointments can be offered face to face, via telephone or online communication.
About your privacy in relation to Information and Support Services
Information and Support Services are confidential and the privacy of you and your family is paramount.
Information and Support Workers will seek your consent prior to sharing your details with other agencies, as bound by the Privacy Act 1988.
Information and Support Services are provided by International Social Service (ISS) Australia, LifeWorks program partner. ISS Australia is an independent national not-for-profit organisation with over 50 years experience defending children and connecting families across the world. Click here to read ISS Australia's client charter http://www.iss.org.au/our-services/client-charter/