Knowing what it is we want, and the best way to communicate this to others, is not always so easy. However, it is a skill that all of us are able to learn. This Assertivess Coaching Group Program provides opportunities to broaden your skills and confidence in acting assertively.
Learn how to find your voice, express yourself respectfully and improve the communication in all your relationships - both at home and in the workplace. If you feel that your message is not being heard or understood by those around you, learn tips and strategies on how to communicate better with this program.
- different types of communication
- benefits of communicating assertively
- barriers to communicating assertively
- learning to identify how and when you are assertive or not assertive
- the differences between passive, aggressive and assertive styles of communication
- ways of dealing with conflict
- handling difficult emotions in others
- learning how to say "no̍" strategies to build your supports and maintain your confidence
- Melbourne City
Comments from participants:
- "I've learnt not to let my emotions and feelings dominate my thoughts".
- "I now realise that I can put myself first, respectfully".
- "I wanted to learn to become assertive and not aggressive as I'm sometimes too dominant and angry in my approach to people".