Being the Parent You Want to Be
This practical course explores the triggers of anger, alternative ways of reducing and managing your anger and understanding the connection between anger and stress.
Across four weeks, it provides tips, strategies and advice on how to handle your own responses and be the parent you want to be.
- triggers of anger
- children̍s developmental stages
- what is normal behaviour at each stage
- influences on children̍s behaviour
- principles of managing children̍s behaviour
- managing your responses and actions
- communication styles and techniques
- reducing stress and managing your time effectively
- practical tips and strategies
- Melbourne City
Comments from Participants:
"I didn't realise there were so many ways to discipline children in a positive and encouraging way"
"I've learnt to moderate my behaviour around the children - not to display anger but rather identify the issues and act appropriately"
"I was stuck in the same patterns and the discipline techniques will help me break these patterns"