1300 543 396
LifeWorks is a not for profit organisation that provides family, couple and individual
counselling, education, training and workplace services in Victoria Australia.
Parenting After Separation
Parenting After Separation is a 5-week or weekend program* designed to support separated parents and their children.
We also provide a one day intensive program (10am - 5pm) at selected branches.
This is not a group to teach parents how to parent, but rather how to adapt to separated parenting and manage challenges such as parenting from a distance, conflict with a former partner and the children's reactions and responses. The group allows plenty of time for questions and discussion.
*Weekend program priced at $270 (excluding intake session cost)
*Intensive program priced at $95 (please be careful when choosing your preferred course from the program drop down list). A short phone intake will be required for entry into the intensive program (free of charge). At completion of the intake session you will be required to pay the program fee to secure your place in program.
Concessions available for people with a health care card for weekly program (not available for Weekend or Intensive).
- An intake interview is required prior to beginning the week and weekend group sessions. This will need to be scheduled in before the program commences - so all online bookings are not confirmed until this assessment has taken place. (Fees for this interview are charged at a flat rate of $40).
- LifeWorks will not enrol former partners in the same program so please identify the name of your former partner when registering for the program.
- The Parenting After Separation Weekend Program (2 x 5 hour sessions) attracts a $70 surcharge.
- The Parenting After Separation Intensive Program (1 x 7 hour session)
PLEASE NOTE: The Intensive Day course is an introduction to challenges associated with being a separated parent. Group programs (weekday & weekend) provide indepth knowledge, understanding and tools to affectively support children while parenting after separation.
Comments from participants:
- "I wish I had done this course earlier in my separation".
- "Must be used as a pathway for anyone going through separation".
- "I am grateful I came and learned. I will be a much better mother and a calmer ex-wife".
- "It was helpful to share with others, now I don't feel so alone".
- "Being in a support group was very empowering - especially because they were non-judgemental".